New Webdesign.

Web1

Hi....don't know why cos its got quite attractive parts, but somehow the sum of its parts made my brain say 'visual overload...click away from here'

sorry cos I am sure you worked hard, but if I were browsing a bunch of sites to choose where to learn to drive, I don't think I would linger there very long. Too much going on for me, but hey thats just my reaction. I would tone it down in terms of content and design, feels overcooked. Does not feel like a Driving School site, looks more like an online magazine/media site for a TV studio or something. All said in love...Love. Maybe others here will blow me out the water :D

leroy30

I agree. My first impression is of some kind of theatre or play.

I would have a go at making the logo much more crisp the text is very blurry at the moment.

Maybe some lighter, more positive colour? And some nice icons. Have a search on itockphoto.com or other stock images sites for generic icons. They'll cost a bit but your client will love it!

Also the shadow gradient that seperates the header and the page I'd lighten the tone so it is very subtle.

I also feel like the sidebar should be on the right-hand side and perhaps a lighter background colour.

A bit of critical opinion there but good work nevertheless. Miles ahead of many 'designers' out there!

walkclothed

I think it looks pretty good. I like that you have the hours of operation and contact info right there to be easily found. The header looks awesome. The flash movie at top, like others have said, is a little too busy. Could you use a fade effect, with a little bit of a slower transition, instead of the "enlarging square pixel" effect. I think the fact that there are so many squares that are coming right at you, and that its happening so quickly, is a little off-putting. And the gallery at the bottom of the front page seems a little glitchy. It flickers every so often. It looks a little better in IE than Firefox, but it still flickers in both.

Also, I'm not sure about this, and I may be wrong but does your copyright footer need that @ between Copyright and Calgary? It just looks a little odd to me.

flashvn

It's quite good.But it's simple! I think it's template ! Need more time to make it cool !Good luck !

Aylmer WBM

looks good, improvements could be made on...

- photos could be of a higher quality
- should be "call to action" button placement on the right hand side
- website could be altered with logo colours
- gallery moves too fast

Last edited by a moderator: