New to web design

BlueLuke

Hi everyone,

I am very interested in working in web design and just want a few hints and tips of where to look for resources to learn from.

I am currently learning html on www.w3schools.com which is great but are there any books out there that people could recommend?

I am starting from scratch so at the moment anything I do is very exciting!

Any information or advice you veterans can offer me I would be very appreciative!

Thanks in advance

BlueLuke

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lynda is great for online tuts. For hard copy material, I would take a look at amazon. Do a search for "HTML" and/or "CSS". You will get many results. I just picked up a few books on CSS3 and HTML5.

The prices are usually quite decent also.

BlueLuke

Thanks for your advice.

Also I am trying to learn how to hand code my sites. Would this be a good way to go or use some of the free software that creates sites for you?
(As said I am new to this concept and any information I am given helps massively)

Thanks again,

BlueLuke

Using software can be a good tool to learn as long as you dont rely on it. the fact you want to hand code is a good idea as software is a good sign your on the right path.

m112

Hi everyone,

I am very interested in working in web design and just want a few hints and tips of where to look for resources to learn from.

I am currently learning html on www.w3schools.com which is great but are there any books out there that people could recommend?

I am starting from scratch so at the moment anything I do is very exciting!

Any information or advice you veterans can offer me I would be very appreciative!

Thanks in advance

BlueLuke

I would recommed using one of the wyswig software like dreamweaver.
its pretty easy and you will also learn some HTML as well when going through the code

Viewcaster

Using software can be a good tool to learn as long as you dont rely on it. the fact you want to hand code is a good idea as software is a good sign your on the right path.
Yes, I have been forced to hand code much of my site due to being based on PHP and I am actually glad for it. I used a visual app for some supporting pages and it makes incredibly complicated code.

macgradiie

Blog_Setup_Tutorials_Volume_3_Master_Resell_Rights

We are wholesalers of software online and in this post we will be offering you our software: Blog_Setup_Tutorials_Volume_3_Master_Resell_Rights.

If you know of it already so you also know that this software can cost you @ Retail price over $47.

We are selling all our 1500 software collection we have for less then half price!!!

You can see all the information about this great offer here: Search engine Optimisation