New kid on the block.

Rainey

Hi All! I'm the new kid on the block. I'm a business owner who designs all of my own websites. Designing has always been secondary to my main business, but I do want to start to get into design a little more and maybe even start to do it for some other companies.

I have BIG issues with learning how to do things by a book...so I thought it would be best to seek other avenues! Hopefully this works out well for me.

Currently I use photoshop, dreamweaver, fireworks. I CAN use flash but it takes me FOREVER!

Thanks for having this forum! I'm sure I'll learn a lot from it.

Regards
Shannon

StephanieCordray

hi, shannon. welcome to the forums! I have a ton of books here but, ya know, the only time I use them is when i need something specific. I typically use them like a thesaurus or dictionary is used... as needed, lol, so i know what you mean.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
hi, shannon. welcome to the forums! I have a ton of books here but, ya know, the only time I use them is when i need something specific. I typically use them like a thesaurus or dictionary is used... as needed, lol, so i know what you mean.
lol... my favorite ASP book is in fact called a reference book. i also find it hard to learn from books. i need to see how something works in order to grasp how it works.

oh and welcome to web design forum shannon. hope to see more of you around these parts. :)

solidgold

yeah me too, i have a ton of books but as said before use them for specific things not as a general rule to go by.
if you're thinking of making websites professionally you need to get to grips with xhtml and css, as opposed to using dreamweaver (i presume you meant the wysiwyg design view)