Need help with web page resolution optimization

Interstate275Fl

Hi, and this is my first time here at the Web Design Forum. I happened to find your forum through a Google search.

I am having an issue with my web sites, in particular resolution optimization. I have two web sites which have been operational for many years, EdwardRingwald.com and Interstate275Florida.com. I use Microsoft FrontPage 2003 to design my web pages.

Just recently I purchased a new laptop computer with a monitor resolution size of 1366 x 768 - that's a widescreen monitor. I have designed my web pages for a traditional monitor size of 1024 x 768, which I have been used to for many years. When I looked at my web sites recently the top part of the pages are out of place on a widescreen; however, when I view them on the traditional 1024 x 768 monitor it looks OK.

My question is, how can I optimize my web page resolution to accommodate users that may be viewing my web sites on widescreen monitors? Is there an HTML command I could use or a setting I need to change in FrontPage 2003? Some of the other websites I see out there have their content centered when viewed on a widescreen monitor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

bcee

If I am understanding this correctly you can use percentages instead of fixed-width pixels.

Say you have a div which contains content that is 800px. It will stay this way on any monitor (obviously). On the other hand a div with a width of 90% will span with the width of the browser. Google 'fluid layouts', may find a solution there.