need help with rough layout for artist/musician webpage

Italianhawksfan

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to web development, at least with dreamweaver, and I was wondering if I could get some help or advice as to how to construct this site based on the design template I have created in photoshop. Here is the basic design:

url]

So there it is, www.jakepassi.com, the domain is already in my possession, and now I am getting started on the actual coding and design. I was wondering if you guys could tell me a little bit about what I'm going to need to make this happen... I need for this background to always be stationary, for the contents box to always be centered in the screen, for the copyright always to be at the bottom and centered as well, for the header bar and menu to always be the same and in the same position, and for the contents of the content box to respond to scrolling. Once I can get a basic version up and running I will try and add customizable buttons with hover in fireworks, a wooden frame if possible around the content box, and a customizable purple scrollbar like the one shown.

What do you guys think, is this possible? Fairly easy to create? What can you tell me about what I will need?

I'm watching the lynda.com tutorials now and am reading the manual to figure out how to do this. I am also already familiar with photoshop and fireworks and have them both installed.

Thanks!

CaldwellYSR

the lynda tutorials will really help. As for the questions, they're all definitely possible and relatively easy. If you want something to stay put and not respond to scrolling then in the css give that element {position: fixed;}, to center a div give it {margin-left: auto; margin-right auto;}, to make it stay on the bottom it should be last in the html and in the css it needs {clear: both;}, if you want the contents box to scroll but not the rest of the page then you can put it in an iframe or I think {overflow: auto;} in the css. If you don't know anything about coding and you want this site to happen fast I suggest hiring someone to do it. but if you have time then learn it yourself because it will feel great when you've finished!