Nearly done with my portfolio

morry89

I would appreciate some critique on my portfolio. Be honest and please tell if there is any things that could be done better.

Only have a norwegian version of the site for now, I might make an English translation later..

Last edited:

indradoang

i'm sorry, but i think there's no special one who can make me stay any longer. try to make a better layout, such as typography, color and picture. you use 4 family fonts, its too many for the simple website.

your website is simple, it's good

morry89

When you counted the font-families, did you count the logo as well? Since i have only used three in the css, Graublau, Museo and Georgia. The footer text where i used Georgia has now been changed too Graublau.

MrAlex2You

I agree with removing the padding - there's too much blank space. Personally, I don't believe the font is distracting at all.

I think a bit more color might be good, as well. Maybe use blue as an accent color, since you already have it?

morry89

Could you please check the site out now? Made some changes to the middle part to remove some blank space.

I'm planning a slideshow there later when I get more stuff on my portfolio, so I think that will fill the site up a bit.

indradoang

Your design layout has changed, it's much better.

My suggest now is, try to change your subtittle from font into image. And compare both of them, choose the best one. because in my opinion, if you use the big font, it's juggy, not smooth.

But if choose using font to reduce your size of your whole website, it's OK.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
it does need a bit of colour, although some very successful sites have managed with really minimal usage of colour. the fonts are not distracting at all, and please DONT turn your fonts into images. dumbest thing you could ever do. considering your tagline (although I dont know what it says) is meant to be one of your highest level headers (h1/h2 etc.) by making this an image will only hurt your sites seo performance.

A smoother gradient in the bottom section would be good too, unless you are going for that slightly crunchy look...