My website redone.

Wingnut

Im in the process of redoing my website into a full flash website. i started yesterday and am only about halfway done but thought i would throw it out there while im doing it so i can get input on the style i went with. let me know some suggestions so i can fix things as i finsih today and tomorrow.

i am doing alot more 3d stuff so it has yet to be added yet.

http://www.toprankmedia.net

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's nice... for a presentation. personally i wouldn't want that for a site, especially a business site. i don't like the fact that everything is more or less one page. i also don't like that their are no links and thus no easily accessible references from your past clients. you are also trying to squeeze a lot of text into a rather small area, which makes it look cluttered and the black on grey strains my eyes (i have poor vision as it is though, so it might just be me).

Wingnut

thanks even for the harsh words. i reworked some of the text and colors as well as threw in white box's to bring out the black text. the portfolio is all links to websites im doing right now.

i decided to start doing all flash on my website as i am starting to land some pretty high profile websites here in the US and they are requesting flash. most famous people seem to like it as they are already famous (so not worrying about search engine) the high quality look, and it basically is just a movie clip about themselves.

so as my clients are going that route i thought i had better start showing the direction i will go.

i will be doing about 9 websites in the next two month so ill take your advice when doing them. thanks

StephanieCordray

MY biggest problem with it other than the issues z already pointed out is the fact that I have to scroll twice to get to the bottom... you have a scrollbar for the fash content, but you can't get to the bottom of the page that way, you have to use the browser scrollbar, then scroll again with the flash scroll bar... that can be a bit irritating.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
MY biggest problem with it other than the issues z already pointed out is the fact that I have to scroll twice to get to the bottom... you have a scrollbar for the fash content, but you can't get to the bottom of the page that way, you have to use the browser scrollbar, then scroll again with the flash scroll bar... that can be a bit irritating.
what res are you at stephanie?

[edit] nevermind... i see what you mean. that contact form wasn't down their when i looked at it initially.[/edit]

@ wingnut: sorry if i came accross kinda harsh. not trying to be rude or bash your work. i am happy to hear that you are doing well on a professional level. hope the upwards trend continues for ya. :)

Last edited: