My site

StephanieCordray

Now i get a done with errors and errors there are. there is no scroll bar on the right and the text is cut off at the bottom. needs a lot of work.

SiteExpress

Lots of erros is correct. Alsoe I am having some problems with contrast. The red and blue text on black background is very difficult for me to read.

Winterchase

Flash

jollywolly said:
My site is about webdesign and flash and stuff, its layout includes frames, i have no problem with them, does anybody?:confused:
M site is here

You have about four to five seconds to catch my attention and telling me I have to download a flash player before I can look at the site ain't the way to spend it.

I know, I know, flash is the "in" thing with web designers, but it isn't with this consumer. I'm in too big of a hurry.

SiteExpress

Nicely said WC.

Although I am not opposed to sites that use Flash, I am not big fan of istes that are made with Flash. There is a Big Difference.

I think many Flash sites are just awesome to browse through, and some just outright amaze me. but, until they work out the problems between Flash and browsers, and Flash and SEO, I will just stick to code.

StephanieCordray

Winterchase said:
I know, I know, flash is the "in" thing with web designers, but it isn't with this consumer. I'm in too big of a hurry.

Not all designers. To be perfectly honest, Flash bores me much of the time. After you see enough pages it all starts looking the same... but then so do websites altogether. Someone once said there are essentially 6 layouts that get used over and over again.

After so many sites and so many templates and so many flash pages it all starts to look the same. It really takes a lot to impress me these days. I rarely comment on site graphics, colors, and layout anymore unless I see a problem that might push people away. If a site is user friendly, seo friendly, and the textual content is good, then it has done it's job in my book.