Most efficient way to transport Excel database to MySQL

riley454

I'm still in the planning/construction stage of my first website aimed at a specific audience. I have very solid html/xhtml and css knowledge and am now developing my PHP and MySQL skills.

My goal is for people to enter a postcode or suburb name in order to access all appropriate businesses in their area.

I have built an excel spreadsheet of all the businesses that are relevant to the proposed site, but I need to transfer the several thousand listed businesses into a MySQL database without entering them one at a time. Is there an efficient way to transport my excel file into MySQL or is there a better way to use my excel spreadsheet for web searching?

mhack122

I'm still in the planning/construction stage of my first website aimed at a specific audience. I have very solid html/xhtml and css knowledge and am now developing my PHP and MySQL skills.

My goal is for people to enter a postcode or suburb name in order to access all appropriate businesses in their area.

I have built an excel spreadsheet of all the businesses that are relevant to the proposed site, but I need to transfer the several thousand listed businesses into a MySQL database without entering them one at a time. Is there an efficient way to transport my excel file into MySQL or is there a better way to use my excel spreadsheet for web searching?

for me you have to use the MYSQL Database from the database your web application can easily manipulate your database....inorder for you to export all records in excel you have to change its extension to .csv and after you change the extension its now ready to export to MYSQL Database....hope it would help you....