Mobile Time Clock website

leroy30

Hey guys and girls.

Just hoping to get some feedback on my latest website. All design, content and coding was done by me!

Basically Mobile Time Clock uses QR Codes to transform your smart phone into a portable time clock. The service is aimed at contractors and businesses that have people who are not on a fixed site all the time and therefore cannot make good use of the traditional mounted timeclock devices.

Let me know what you think! You can try out the demo if you like :eek:)

http://www.mobiletimeclock.co.nz/

Cheers,
Le-roy

Fireproofgfx

Nicely done. I signed into the demo and its really cool as well, I liked how the 3 different options transition in.

DHDdirect

Well there is a good reason you labeled your picture as Albert.. that's because you are a genius! Very innovative, well done.

leroy30

Thanks guys! :D That's a really awesome response better than I thought it'd get hehe; really appreciate it!

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really like the design. It's clean and modern. My only critique is that the menu feels a bit subdued, and gets lost in the bolder elements of the design.

Walter Warner

Over the design of the site is good. There is a scroll bar at the bottom of browser that you should get rid of, there is something in the code that is causing this. I do not care that there is an orange tab that shows what page I am currently on. By the way you should consider having footer links and if you have a facebook page or blog consider putting links to those sites.

d a v e

simple and bold - well layed out

not sure about the blue text, maybe charcoal could work better?? also split the text up into smaller chunks

make a simple print stylesheet

annemarie

Maybe you should't listen to me because everyone here thinks different about it :p ,but personally I think i't a bit to simple. So much blue and white.
And it's about a mobile technology so why not add some media queries for a mobile friendly website?
I don't like to be the only one who doesn't really like it but I'm just beeing honest. But I did look at your portfolio and there are some really cool designs there!:)

d a v e

annemarie - i think it's a fair point and don't be afraid of offering an opinion that goes against the general feeling :)

it is simple but i think that that reflects the content, and the aim of the site

leroy30

Definately going mobile.. just so much on my to-do list! Maybe I'll pump that in on my next friday all-nighter lol.

At the moment it's sellable but it really does need more features. I basically put it up to start getting some recognition from the search engines while I finalise the first release features.

For instance you can export as a CSV but ideally the customer needs to set an export template with the fields they want to export. Not difficult to do but requires time!

And I really like the simplicity of it which as Dave points out is the objective of this app. There are tons of mobile-friendly time sheet and time keeping systems but just because they are mobile friendly doesn't mean they are user friendly! All of them require too many clicks and input areas which on a mobile takes ages to do for a team of workers.

Thanks for your input!

Le-roy