Looking for feedback

wilhorse

Hello, would you take a moment to review my site? I ran it thru an automated grader, and it said the contrast was insufficient. I tried adding a red border, but it looked terrible. I'd like to keep the site really clean looking, since it's an equine wound care product. Maybe it need a bit more pizzaz. I could probably get a boast from a logo. I designed it in yahoosite builder, so I was limited on the design. But, maybe coming up with something in paint.net is an option. Thank you.

http://wilhorse.com/

d a v e

looks quite nice but ;)
1. don't underline anything that isnt a link
2. the list of injuries and properties sits where i would expect the naviagtion to sit also listing the properties in red seems counter prodcutive (better the list of wounds in red if anything: more fitting
3. all centred text? no thanks - left aligned please :)
4. the hand doesn't change position to show the current page

otherwise it has a nice feel to the site even after yahoositebuilder has finished with it
e.g. <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="1023">
<tr>
<td nowrap height="16" align="center" valign="top"><span class="text"><font face="Arial" size="1"><span style="font-size:10px;line-height:13px;"> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</span></font><font face="Arial" size="1"><span style="font-size:10px;line-height:13px;">&nbsp;</span></font><font face="Arial" size="1"><span style="font-size:10px;line-height:13px;">©</span></font><font face="Arial" size="1"><span style="font-size:10px;line-height:13px;"> 2012 Wilhorse All Rights Reserved<br soft></span></font></span></td>
</tr>
</table>

i would think about modifying a wordpress site or paying a designer to make you a site

wilhorse

Thank you, Dave. Very helpful!! :)

I googled switching to wordpress, but didn't find out enough about switching. Think I may make a change, as Yahoo is too yahooish. lol I'm not sure how to move the hand in yahoooooo.

wilhorse

e.g. <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="1023">
<tr>
<td nowrap height="16" align="center" valign="top"><span class="text"><font face="Arial" size="1"><span style="font-size:10px;line-height:13px;"> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</span></font><font face="Arial" size="1"><span style="font-size:10px;line-height:13px;">&nbsp;</span></font><font face="Arial" size="1"><span style="font-size:10px;line-height:13px;">©</span></font><font face="Arial" size="1"><span style="font-size:10px;line-height:13px;"> 2012 Wilhorse All Rights Reserved<br soft></span></font></span></td>
</tr>
</table>

Is this the font/style/layout you recommend? I put my text in this script and it came out as one line. Do you think I should change all paragraph style font to Arial, and use smaller size? Thx

Last edited by a moderator:

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
This:
HTML:
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="1023">
Along with things like this:
HTML:
<font face="Arial" size="1">
And especially stuff like this:
HTML:
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;...
Are never, ever recommended by anyone.

krymson

Willhorse, the design is quite nice but its execution is not as others have already stated. I would have no problems working something out with you on converting what you have to wordpress. Make it look and function how you actually want it to function as many of the other web developers here can do too, you have your choice.

My recommendation to you is to do what dave said, get a web designer to make it more Search engine friendly to be able to gain you more business, as well as ave a great user interface that will want to make end users come back time after time. If you think about it your website could very well be YOUR face, as it is more likely to be the first thing new clients see and you want it to represent you and your services.

leroy30

lol @ all the &nbsp;

Now where was that thread I commented in the other day about web builders?

wilhorse

Thank you all! I just found out what &nbsp is. lol! Agree, it's got to go! Hopefully I'll soon be in a position to take the advice and get it done right. Until then, I'll figure out a way to clean it up. I fix horses, not websites. Everything I learned is from google. :)

I appreciate you even taking the time to look, and I'm not going to get all defensive like that other thread. lol Just like you probably wouldn't get along very well training or doctoring horses, I don't know much about websites, but know where to ask. Thank you. I just appreciate you even looking at a yahoo site. You'd think they'd get up with the times and build something decent.

wilhorse

Well, I took your advice and switched to wordpress. What a learning curve, but it's much nicer. I'm still not sure how to handle the photos on the case studies page, as these are important to show. Not sure if a slider will be detailed enough. What do you think?

Also, how does the orange look vs. red on original site?

http://69.89.31.109/~resolvew/

Here are the kinds of photos I need to show on Before & After page:

http://www.wilhorse.com/indexcasesbuck20filly.html

Not a nice arrangement/presentation.

I still need a logo.

wilhorse

Quick Question

Do you think the orange sliding text banner is ugly and distracting? http://www.resolvewound.com/

Do you think it would look better with an image like on this page? http://wilhorse.com/

Or, you do think it would look better with a plain slider, and no orange text?

Two people like the yahoo site better than the wordpress site (w/slider), and I think it's the orange they don't like. Also, one or two of the images are muddier looking than the nice clear image on the yahoo site. Please let me know your thoughts. There's something bothering me about the new wordpress site, and I'm not sure if a couple of the images are wrong, or the orange slider.

Functionally, the text is meaningful, but I have the text in about page.

Also, I'm working on a better logo.
Thank you!!!

Last edited:

krymson

Ah my god, I love this site WAY more, great job on finding a nice template that fits your needs. The orange box over the slider is fine, Its a nice quick way of presenting some of the services your provide up front cause their eyes are going to be drawn to the moving pieces. VERY nice, I havent said that in a while.

wilhorse

Thank you! You won't believe what happend. The site is GONE. Some lowlife parasite stole my theme. I posted a question on the theme forum. Someone offered to help for a small fee. I had no idea they could steal my site. I cannot believe all that time down the drain. Not only that the author retired and I can't even purchase it again and start over. Any ideas?

wilhorse

Bluehost said there's nothing there. I have to get in touch with the author who goes by Der on wordpress. He's retired. I can't believe I was such a sucker. There's a special place in hell for parasites like this. I don't even care about the $45, but my time, and now my business is shut down.