Logo Design Competition

jancz3rt

And the overall image :))

My personal favorite here. This is what it looks like when added to the top :)
JAN :D

Attachments

• 6.gif
    6.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 188
  • demo.gif
    demo.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 176

jancz3rt

Lol

What has happened here? It looks like a bomb exploded and killed everyone :). Ok enough childish talk from me...but please come back. LOL.

JAN :D

Vaelor

FWIW, my personal favorite so far has been the first one by AainaA. Sophisticated, subtle, but very effective. Some of the others have been a little clichéd, and others have been a bit too upbeat, modern, street, I can't think of the word I'm looking for here, but essentially I've seen some styles better suited to a band forum, or a skateboarding forum, or something to attract teens, rather than a professional business advice/support forum. Just my humble opinions of course, it's up to Ian in the end. A lot of good work though, in all cases. Next time I need a logo, I think I'll post here before paying somebody up front for a logo sight unseen! =)

suz

I guess the concept is a bit overused but I thought I'd submit my attempt too.
:eek:

Attachments

• spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 121

[tab]

Opera/Firefox on Debian
Staff member
Cool SuZ...
The gear stick in our car has a redback spider encased in plastic/resin/something.

suz

That would look pretty cool. And it can be a warning to all other redbacks to stay away or they'll end up in there too :)

[tab]

Opera/Firefox on Debian
Staff member
Tsk tsk... I just noticed your pathetic post count... even worse than mine.

Ian pointed me to your blog today... interesting. I'll commence spamming it with my usual #$%& ASAP.

Vaelor

[tab] said:
The gear stick in our car has a redback spider encased in plastic/resin/something.

Yeah, resin... man, I haven't seen one of those in about twenty years... you're old school, man... =)

suz

[tab] said:
Tsk tsk... I just noticed your pathetic post count... even worse than mine.

Ian pointed me to your blog today... interesting. I'll commence spamming it with my usual #$%& ASAP.
Loking forward to that! And no your posts are not #$%&!

I'll be working on the pathetic postcount I promise :)

[tab]

Opera/Firefox on Debian
Staff member
It's cool that you've enrolled in that TAFE course. I've done the diploma version of the same course (didn't get to finish because they ran out of people, ended up with the Certificate IV... but I'm not bitter).

It's a pretty easy course, and you get to meet people with similar interests...

I hope you learn Linux... then we can trade nerdy tips.

suz

Mine is just a certificate 1 lol. What do you mean they ran out of people? Everyone quit?

As for meeting people with similar interests...well that's what I'm afraid of.. lol no just kidding I love comp geeks and that's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to the course.

Wynnefield

ian ... are you still looking for a banner/logo mark, or is the one at top of this page what you finally decided upon? sorry if i missed it somewhere in the thread, but i didn't see where you had made a decision yet ...

thank you

Vaelor

I think it's become something of an open-ended event... when Ian sees one he likes, he'll use it, and then if somebody comes along a few weeks later and posts one he likes more, he'll use that instead... {egrin} =P

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I should finalize this.
The closing date is set at 10 March 2005, a month from today.
No the logo at the top is not what will stay.

Wynnefield

here's a pretty cheesy animated version i put together this evening ...

banner_web_anime.gif

Last edited:

kereliuk

web design forum logo

whats up everyone- , Im new here but here's a little somthing I threw together..

Attachments

• wdf1.jpg
    wdf1.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 116

Vaelor

kereliuk said:
whats up everyone- , Im new here but here's a little somthing I threw together..

Hey, I quite like this one... simple and effective, but without being plain or generic. Good work!

SuperSmash

Hey all, I think I'm gonna try my hand at making you a logo (btw, I really like yours, kereliuk). But anyway, don't close the competition yet ;-)