Keyword Ranking Tools

nafirici

It's been awhile since I did any SEO. I used to use a great tool for tracking key word rankings from digitalpoint. It appears this tool is no longer in use, can anyone recommend a good tool for this? Also, one that Google won't reject my site for using it.

Thanks in advance.

DHDdirect

You can use Google's tools such as webmaster tools, and google analytics. These help you focus on what keywords google is seeing on your website and which ones are bringing in the traffic.

As far as most popular keywords used in a specific industry.. you can try googles keyword tool.

SEO Chat also has a lot of cool stuff.

nafirici

Thanks for the response. I am using google analytics and there webmaster tools. The link to SEO chat, that you provided, did lead me to a tool that I can use to look up keywords for the major search engines, I guess I'll use that tool for now and just manually enter them into a database myself. Thanks.

DHDdirect

The google keyword tool shows you how many search queries in a month a specific set of keywords has through google. Isn't that what you are looking for?

I guess the question is, what keywords are you trying to track? the ones on your site or ones you enter or the ones you aren't using? and what do you want them to be ranked to? how many search queries per month for everyone or just your site?

nafirici

I'm trying to track where my sites rank for certain key phrases in the search engines and be able to see historical records with minimal effort. The seo chat tool makes this easier than manually going through the search engines and look for my sites :). Thanks for you help and let me know if you know of a tool like this that tracks historical ranking.

Webby49

To monitor what keywords you should be targeting go with Google Keyword Tool Analyser. If (as I think you're looking for) you want to monitor your rankings for terms without having to manually google keywords, install rankchecker - http://tools.seobook.com/firefox/rank-checker/ - into firefox and you can create reports with multiple keywords for google, yahoo and bing rankings.

eonic

Wepositions is quite a good tool for monitoring your SERPS - you can put you choice of keywords to track in and also check competitors - It isnt free but its quite cheap to run reports. We use it for a number of websites.

GeorgeS

I will refer to a "keyword" as a word that the user searches for when using the search engine. Generally speaking, keyword density is the ratio of the word that is being searched for (the keyword) against the total number of words appearing on your web page. If your keyword occurs only (say) once in a page of one thousand words, it has a lower keyword density than a keyword that occurs (say) four times in a page of similar length.

mrandrei

Google Analytics would be the way to go. If you want a much more flexible tool, use Raven. It has a trial version, but you need to pay for it eventually.

ishuvonet

I have been working with google keyword tool and It is so far useful for me and meet my needs.However there are two more free tool you may use like wordtracker and keywordspy.

In SEO keywords ranking tools play an important role to make your website top. We can use
1. Google Keyword Planner
2. SEMrush
3. Mozbar

hariandro95

Use this tool SEranking.com. They have free trial too. You can chase up to 250 keywords in particular location & search engine you want.