Joomla Hosting on FTP

firemen

Hello Everyone

I need a help on joomla hosting . i have ftp username and password so plz tell me how i host joomla on the ftp

craftygeek

I'm assuming that you trying to install Joomla?
You also need access to the MySQL database - either through something like PHP my admin on the hosting control panel...or you need to use something like MySQL Administrator & connect to it remotely.

I also assume that your hosting has PHP on it - if it doesn't it won't work.

To get further, I'd suggest looking at the installation guides, help & instructions on the Joomla site....thats what it is there for.

wiliamjoan

Don't forget, a good host now would be running suphp which negates the need for using the FTP layer and adds far more security to your Joomla site.Therefore, unless you have good reason, if you host tells you to use the FTP layer in Joomla.. ask them why they do not yet run suphp.With suphp ownership issues as well as file write permissions are all think of the past.
I hope it helps.

HostColor

If your hosting account is running on cPanel you can also check if some autoinstaller library(for example Fantastico) is available for you. This can save you time and installs web software like Joomla with just few clicks and eliminates the need of FTP use.

If you want to learn and do it the hard way though just upload the unrared/unzipped installation package from the official Joomla website to your root web directory. You will also need to create a database like craftygeek suggested. After that just load your website and follow the install instructions.

cquinndesign

And you are going to need access to PHPMyAdmin so that you can create a MySQL Database and Username....do you have CPanel access? Which hosting are you referring to?