Is DMOZ dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromarketing

A question that will no doubt divide this forum.

I speak with countless clients who submit to DMOZ, with no success, even 2-3 years after submission. In fact, I dont think I have heard of a single successful submission for at least 3 years.

There is a lot of talk within the SEO community claiming that DMOZ has closed the book. Any thoughts?

BMA

Banned
None of the DMOZ submissions I have made in the past seven years have proved worthwhile. Even when I did get listed, I couldn't see a difference from Google. When it comes to time-cost effectiveness, DMOZ just hasn't been a good way to go for me. It's off my list.

sgwebdesigner

Don't waste time with DMOZ. Yahoo! Directory is already dead. I don't think anyone would use a DMOZ directory anymore. Blame it on Google. :)

bluecollar01

I've never been able to get listed in DMOZ. I still submit to them since it's free and doesn't take very long but have had no luck.

I have however seen very good results from Yahoo Directory, Joe Ant and Best of the Web for new sites or sites that have very little SEO before we began working with them.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
This site took a few years to get listed on dmoz, but it eventually did get listed.

ishie

It's close to being dead. I submitted my sites to DMOZ, but didn't have any success. Don't waste your time. The approval time takes forever, just sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.