input

emak

i'm pretty much a new web designer, so i'll probably get flammed alot. I just graduated with my BA so i'm gonna get into it now alot.

i have 3 site which have published live and wanted to get some input, their pretty simple so ther's not alot going on. but any input would be greatly appreciated.

the first site www.snwinc.com is a company that sells import products

the second site is my personal site/portfolio site www.ericwmak.com

let me know what you all think, thanks.

StephanieCordray

i'm pretty much a new web designer, so i'll probably get flammed alot.

I've rarely seen anyone get flamed on one of ian's boards.

For the personal site, the fonts are extremely inconsistent. The top font on the splash page (i forget the name of it) doesn't look good at all... I can't read the words because the letters all run together.

For the business site, I'd use a different font for the company name... some may mistake the W for 2 Vs. If you're going to use flash, I'd suggest making a few things a little smaller so no one has to scroll at 1024 * 768. Your links are rather large and not centered vertically so you can shave some space off those for starters.

Conversely, the sales text is rather small to be black on gray. One thing you might want to think about, however, is bringing the sales copy up beside the large view of the product by aligning the product image on the left with the text on the right. You have the room without seeming to overcrowd, so it's a thought.

grayrabbit

You need to learn desing,, you got the code down,, but you need to know how to make things look nice.. look at templates from templatemonster.com,, study them,,, you will eventually see trends,, study them,, and you will be as good as them..