Iframe Qustions

timothyb89

I'm currently in the process of my seventh (or more, counting my other hosts) website redesigin (Most were CMSs, and I quickly got tired of them) and I'm using some iFrames- for my menu and my main page.
My first problem: I've set my menu iFrame to span 10% of the page, and my main iFrame to span 80% (the remaining 10% for spacing purposes). The problem is, when I view my page on larger screens (1280x1024) my main iFrame gets too large, and ruins the look of the page. Is there a way for me to prevent my iFrame from getting too large?

And my other question:
Is there a way to make my iFrames transparent so they'll blend in to my background? I have a large background that is being covered up, and the iFrames look terrible on the page.

And if you are wondering why I am even using iFrames (and not normal CSS) is because I am meaning to redistribute this as a template for beginning webmasters so it can't be very complicated. And for the small amount of CSS I am using (for the bgcolor and image), I have comments with directions on how to use it.

ISDProductions

Wouldn't it be much better to start a beginner webmaster on the right track, instead of simply the seemingly easiest? Frames are antiques. They have too many issues. They are impossible to do well or right (my opinion)

But if your intent on using frames (frames suck) instead of using % try using a fixed pixel, like say 180px for the menu and 590 for the content. That will make the total 770 and should display well (for frames atleast) from 800x600 and above. You can then center them or make them left justified. Either way, your frames won't get "streched" and the Aesthetics should be atleast tolerable

What do you mean by making the frames transparent so they blend into your background? do you mean ditching the scroll bar?

If so try this:

<frame src="example.html" name="example" noresize scrolling=no>

Not sure if that works, cause i never use frames.

Last edited:

timothyb89

I got all my problems worked out. My host put ads on all my pages and I had them removed under the condition that I put them in myself. I put another frome in and everything's working perfectly.
Thanks anyway.

baajdzi

Iframe - 1 piccolo question

i ve just made web site - www.g-surgery.co.uk am very proud by the way :D and i used iframe for it
but when some1 searches for it can get just smple *.html
what to do to avoid that ???

------
Baajdzi

Last edited by a moderator: