I am Time Magazine's "Person of the Year" 2006

DLPerry

...and so are YOU! Really.

Time magazine's "Person of the Year" is You
Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:05 AM GMT
By Michelle Nichols

NEW YORK (Reuters) - You were named Time magazine "Person of the Year" on Saturday for the explosive growth and influence of user-generated Internet content such as blogs, video-file sharing site YouTube and social network MySpace.

"For seizing the reins of the global media, for founding and framing the new digital democracy, for working for nothing and beating the pros at their own game, Time's Person of the Year for 2006 is you," the magazine's Lev Grossman wrote.

The entire article is here --> http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/art...ME-DC.XML&WTmodLoc=TechInternet-C1-Headline-1

ian

Administrator
Staff member
"Grossman said the creators and consumers of user-generated Internet sites showed a community and collaboration on a scale never seen before."
I think the internet has really made a big impact on life, companies are only starting to wake up to that fact.

DLPerry

"Grossman said the creators and consumers of user-generated Internet sites showed a community and collaboration on a scale never seen before."
I think the internet has really made a big impact on life, companies are only starting to wake up to that fact.

We can only hope. Maybe business as a whole (big, small, in-between) is starting to realize that in the not so distant future it may be impossible to be or stay in business without the internet in some way - ie. website, email, ecommerce, online customer service, etc.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i think most corporate and larger businesses have already realized this, however, for smaller businesses, like your corner store, this is harder to do and be profitable, as their budgets are much smaller.

the world is changing and the next 10 years or so should be very interesting.