http://www.waynedeboer.co.uk/

anna

Jeez, patience young grasshopper!!

Folks at this forum tend to work in a symbiotic type of relationship. Have you critiqued anyone's website or offered to help anyone else? I've got a thread I started days ago and NO ONE has responded... No biggie...

Anyhow, good site! I would suggest displaying the navigation menu in a bit more of a prominent spot; might be tough to see in the upper right. The text size is on the small side, no biggie though. Maybe instead of listing all services on the index page, you could add them to the menu and just summarize.

Good luck. Hope this helps!

Oh, and please excuse the "decaying meat" smell here; we're all dead...

anna

About the navigation; consider increasing the size of the buttons. If you make the menu bigger, that might be all that's needed to make it more prominent and grab the user's attention.

waynede

Anna - Thank you for the feedback regarding my site, I will def look into making the top nav text bigger so that it is more easily findable as such.

anna

No worries! I like the simplicity of your site, it's really nice. Like I said, make the nav bigger and you're gold!!

cablemotion

Wayne-

I really like your site. It's pleasant to look at and easy to peruse. The information is well organized and effectively communicates your skill. I wish I had such knowledge of coding and seo. I'm stuck using past technology for web design at the moment.

You communicate in writing very well. There are two very minor things I felt could be improved:

- The "Contact Us" link and title should really say "Contact" or "Contact Me". In your own words you say "please feel free to contact me using..." so it's clear there is no "us".

- On the Portfolio page, I think the text on the left could be improved. You say "If you still need a little convincing, take a look at some examples of the work that I have done so far." I can't pinpoint exactly what it is that doesn't appeal to me about this phrase... It lacks genuine impact. To imply that anyone can/should be convinced to use you for their web design project is not logical. Are you the best guy for every job? Rather, since your home page has done a good job explaining your skills and special abilities, you'd now like the opportunity to show them what you've accomplished with your skill. People have different needs anyway and they may not be convinced by your portfolio since they may want a look different from anything you've done before.
Perhaps something could be stated along the lines of:
"Here you can see some of the work I've done so far. I'd love to talk with you about the desires and needs you have for your unique website."

At any rate, like I said, the site is great. There will always be little things that can be improved. These were a couple I noticed. All the best to you.

leroy30

I like it, really simple but looks great at the same time. I agree with other comments above to increase the nav size slightly.

Good work!

I also agree with the grasshopper comment too! You'll find the more input you make around here then the more people will take the time to give you feedback as well.

Hope ya stick around! Looks like you could be a knowledgeable member. Did you do the graphics and html yourself or use any template graphics?

waynede

leroy30 - I have done all the graphics and xhtml/css myself. I always do a design within photoshop first and then convert to valid xhtml/css using notepad.

I plan to stay around, I haven't had much input lately due to being on holiday for just under 3 weeks.

Hopefully I can get involved now I am back.

waynede

cablemotion - Thank you for your comments.

I am always looking to improve within my skill set and my portfolio, all comments made will be taken on from all users.

The portfolio page will get a re-wording shortly as I want to make it sound more professional.

With the contact page I think I put contact us by mistake as I work within a company so automatically put this in.

canyouseeme

Don't put the text on the left and have a long blank space. It makes the website look off center when scrolling down.

Make the font bigger.
The portfolio text should be underneath the logo, like the homepage.

Use all the space to represent your work. Try to incorporate more photos in that space as well to attract attention and value to your work.

R and S Writing

The site is clean and I love that in a portfolio. I would have an editor look over the content (writing). You use the word "that" quite a bit and most of the time it is not needed.

Great site!