html email marketing

artisites

im looking to collect information about email marketing.

im trying to educate myself about the ways to send out marketing emails for my customers.

in specific, the use of actual text in html marketing versus just slicing up images and sending them out.

except the fact that some browsers have images turned off, what are your opinions on this?

do you have links to articles about the subject?

fromthe5

Do a Google search for 'articles about email marketing'. I see tons of em. I think that the advantage of visual impact outweighs the possibility of a few people who have images turned off. Just my opinion of course.

Last edited:

jnjc

Personally I wouldn't just slice up images, not only will some users not display the images but I have a feeling spam filters are more likely to take exception to emails.

I have just started using Joomla CMS and I have used the VeMod Mail extension with it and it's very good.

HTH,
JC

suz

Gmail for example has images turned off by default. I wouldn't go with sliced images.

jamesb

One of the main problem of html emails and emails with images inside is that most free email accounts such as Hotmail will deliver those emails into their spam folder. This is one of the main problems which many e-commerce companies face when sending out mailings to their clients.

specialk

I would not mess with direct email marketing, if you are referring to sites that will send out your message to thousands of people for you. If you want to make money with email, you need to start building your own email list from your site.

charlesefe

i have

Do some research on GOOGLE for email marketing,but i have some ebook on email marketing if you with like it let me know.

d

superaff

im looking to collect information about email marketing.

im trying to educate myself about the ways to send out marketing emails for my customers.

in specific, the use of actual text in html marketing versus just slicing up images and sending them out.

except the fact that some browsers have images turned off, what are your opinions on this?

do you have links to articles about the subject?

If you are looking at sending emails to thousands of people, you should use plain text. Using html format can cause your emails to be easily caught by spam filters even if they are not spammy. Thus, causing your emails to be stayed at the filters instead of reaching targeted email addresses.