How to change page links

wilhorse

Hello, can anyone tell me how to change the name of the page links in Weebly without changing the name on the menu, or title? I want take advantage of page url for SEO, but if I change it in Weebly, it also changes the menu. Hope this makes sense, as I'm not up on all the lingo. Thanks;)

http://resolvewound.com/index.html

krymson

In wordpress admin you go to Settings > Permalinks and change them accordingly. I'm glad that you're thinking about SEO not a lot of people do.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
does it have both a page name and page title field?
I would suggest changing the name to be what you want whilst leaving the title as the menu item name (or the other way around) if there is 2 options for you to choose from...
Cannot be sure, as I haven't used weebly for years...

wilhorse

Thank you. I found a workaround. You can't change the links like you're able to in wp, so I had to copy, then forward them to pages hidden from navigation. It doesn't seem to add loading time, but it's not ideal way. At least I've got key words in the url, though.

MrDougJay

I have no idea. I have never used Weebly. Why didn't you use Wordpress? It's much easier and beter functionalities.

martinsherman

OK, when I tried changing my .htaccess permission before it didn't do anything. I just went back and tried it again and now it's works. Perhaps it was a delayed reaction. Whatever it was it's fixed so I'll take it.

chrishirst

Staff member
So you bump a three month old thread just to tell us that you are clueless?

Last edited: