How To Avoid The Biggest Myth In Affiliate Marketing.

sitebuilder

Anyone who has spent very much time on the internet has undoubtedly encountered advertisements that say they can get crazy rich online working just 3 hours a day. Sadly, the honest truth is there is no easy money in this world, not on the internet or anywhere else. Following these dreams of millions of dollars is exactly how I started in this business and may be just what is pushing you towards it as well. Falling victim to one of the thousands of dream job squeeze pages online designed to convince you that all your problems are over is easy for me even now after I know it simply doesn't work that way.

Every single day people attempt to make their way on the internet and a fraction of a single percent of those people actually follow through and make a decent living. The truth is affiliate marketing can be a very real and profitable business but it's not a get rich quick path to the easy life; it takes hard work, self confidence, and dedication to really be successful. To be honest out of the hundreds of thousands of people who do earn their living online the number who are so successful they can be considered millionaires is likely a small handful by comparison.

While breaking your way into the affiliate marketing business there are a few things you need to research before you choose your niche to give yourself the best chances at success. There are basically three areas of expertise that every marketer must get as much information about ahead of time or simply be doomed to failure.

Don't Fail Before You Start, Do Your Research.

You need to research everything you do. Be as sure as you can possibly be that every move you make is worth your time. Failing to do the right research is a great way to start your business campaign off in last place, almost destined to fail right out of the gate. Before I even start a new niche campaign I research 3 very key things; the topic itself, the keywords in that niche, and the possible products I can sell in that niche.

First research the overall topic your thinking about going into rather than just picking something off the top of your head. Getting into the right niche is a vital key to online success, some topics are just not that popular, others may be popular but just not have people that actually buy anything. When I look for a new niche I look for three key things. The niche needs to be big enough that it gets a great deal of traffic. The niche needs to be something people are either desperate about or a hobby that people obsess and spend money over (like weight loss, acne, or golf). Finally, the niche has to be a topic I have at least a little interest in, because otherwise I will either not do it or hate doing it.

You should research keywords for your niche. Not only do you need to do research on keywords before you get started, you also have to keep up with it as long as your site exists and new pages continue to be added. When starting your campaign research the topics high level keywords overall, this creates ideas for sub niches and good keyword phrases that may be getting a high number of searches but have little competition. Then when you start writing pages for your site hand pick out a couple keyword phrases and really focus on getting those into the search engine results. I use Google's Keyword Tool to get my information because it's free, but I also use Market Samurai because it's absolutely amazing in the amount of information it gives you and it's actually priced very reasonable with no subscription fee.

Lastly you need to check out your niches possible products. You need to be sure there is a wealth of products available for your specific niche, make sure they are selling if possible as well. Some niches have a lot of interested people but just not any real buyers. My favorite places to get products are Clickbank, Amazon, and Commission Junction, in fact other than a few specific sites that I affiliate for these are the only three sites I use and you can find millions of products among just these three.

addyj672

You have explain the affiliate marketing details very perfectly how to start. Previously i never tried this affiliate marketing but after reading your post i may try to do some affiliate marketing. I am good in SEO and SMO only and i want to increase my knowledge about other internet marketing techniques

grandestkind

Nicely said. I agree, you've got to research and research and research first before you go out there and start promoting. Because the more you know, the more you'll know which is better.

greatar4

Anyone who has spent very much time on the internet has undoubtedly encountered advertisements that say they can get crazy rich online working just 3 hours a day. Sadly, the honest truth is there is no easy money in this world, not on the internet or anywhere else.

I pretty much agree with those points that you make in this post. Making money online is not as easy as some what's so called super affiliate used to say when offering a product. It's not impossible to make money using the internet, but it takes time, commitment, patience, and perseverance to get there.

The niche needs to be something people are either desperate about or a hobby that people obsess and spend money over (like weight loss, acne, or golf). Finally, the niche has to be a topic I have at least a little interest in, because otherwise I will either not do it or hate doing it.

I agree with that with that, but you must be very careful when selecting keywords in those highly competitive niches. As you know the more competitive a niche is the more challenges that you are going to face as far as search engine optimization is concerned. But, I still believe that with the right strategy you can achieve great result in any niches.

noelagnote

Researching is very important in starting any undertakings. By researching you get more familiarized with what you want to do and you are able to learn the things that you must know.

bhrandy

I have thought of affiliate marketing a lot of times before I go for it. Thanks for the tips! It's a great help for a newbie like me.