how long

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
half a millennium. i just don't have the time. :(

but when i do, it all depends on the type and size of the site. i have done full web sites in a day, while others took weeks.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
not long to actually create a site once you actually start, can be done in a few hours once you actually get started, but thinking about it takes me ages.

mets

It's not that long to create one but to promote it to get traffic, for it to be cached by SE, and to be on the SE result...in short, optimizing the site...takes 4ever! :(

ian

Administrator
Staff member
the more important consideration is how long the site will take to maintain.

suz

I think it's possible to put a site together in a few hours (design wise), it's just yeah the rest take forever

nethawk

Depends on whether the client has his/her own pics and text all prepared. I'm making a site for a guy who not only has no Bio or resume ready, but the pics were all taken from scratch. But since it's my first real client, I've included the extra work within the site cost. Anyhow, his site is taking roughly a full month.

Goldstar

Banned
It all depends on how you make it. If you go to Google and type in "how to make a website" and click on the 1st link, you will see how to make a website. It depends on how much detail you want to put into the site, but it shouldn’t take too long. Possibly a week spent to create a website.

Regards,

mrandrei

It usually depends what type of website I'm building. If it's a basic html site, I can finish it within the day. Finishing an aspx or php site takes more time. I'm a perfectionist.