How do you get html files onto the internet?

xqxqpo

I have made some html files and i want to put them on the internet but I don't know how. I want it to be free with no ads and just my page. Can anybody help me?

orangecopper

its very simple

Hi friend,

first get a web hosting account... and get your domain and hosting registered.

make sure your nameservers are configured.

login to their control panel...the there should be "filemanager"
use the file manager and upload files to your server.

thats it..if you want in detail , let me know
regards
Joshu Thomas

mezangath

To abbriviate on whats said above alittle.

You need a space to put your website on. You can call it an on-line harddrive for your files to land in and make it accessable for other viewers. The storage can be found on any hosting sites.
I'd recommend one.com, they're pretty basic with their cheapest service and don't cost much. I've never used it, have some friends who do and they are wery satisfied with their services.
With this on-line harddrive you get, you also get an IP adress, wich is yours on the internet. That is your visitors way in, until you get a domain (a name like google.com) to point at that IP adress.

This domain you can really register anyway. Every domain registrars services are all the same.

When all this is done you'll get FTP/SFTP (FTP- File Transfer Protocol) information to upload the files to your "on-line harddrive".

And, just remember that the first html file you want to greet your visitors must be named index.html, othervise the server wont know wich file to open when someone accesses your page.

Hope this helps mate, and good luck :)

mezangath

mezangath i think you meant to say ' to elaborate' not 'to abbreviate' lol

Correct, thanks mate ;)

The process of upload files to my site(FTP), using wordpress ordreamweaver is better? What are the differents?

Wordpress use a form of flashuploader-thingy, wich isn't the same. But yeah, it works well to. Doesn't really matter how you get the files up, just that you get em up.

Dreamweaver uses FTP to upload the files :)

Most experienced users use a FTP client to manage their files, but as i said, really doesn't matter.

webby1

Create you html files, get a webhost, use cpanel provided and go to file manager, create and then paste in html or upload the file there, or use filezilla to up load to the folder, go to the /public_html folder, or similar make sure he first file is index.html..... use a good reliable host.