Hey all - New to web design.... can you review my site?

TerrenceOnFire

Hey hey everyone,

I just started the website www.thememingoflife.com.

Problem is, I have no idea if the design "works" - It works for me, but not having any design experience I have no baseline to compare it to.

So, any thoughts/feeback?

----------------------------
TheMemingofLife.com
T-Shirts for Internet Culture

v2Media

What I think is that you shouldn't try to pass off someone else's work as your own. So you installed wordpress and purchased the On Demand theme from http://www.press75.com. Big deal!

Did you design the logo at least?

TerrenceOnFire

Hey v2

Sorry, I had no intention of taking undue credit.

When I posted the link I battled with whether to say it was from a WordPress theme. It came down to the fact that I wanted people to review it from a blank slate, and I was worried that if I put that in the initial post description people wouldn't click it, or not review it properly.

As you can see, there have been significant coding changes, and the colours are bespoke...

And yes... I designed the logo.

So have you any thoughts?

Thanks

v2Media

I don't care to comment on a template design. However I have an issue with the lack of clarity of the purpose of the site. It's an online shop ok. The only indicators that this is a shop and the products are for sale is the "view basket" link in the top right, and the opening paragraph under "Who are we". This makes the interface as clear as mud.

Perhaps the product thumbs should display a price and "add to basket" button. There should be more visual cues throughout the interface that this is a shop - not a blog.

bcee

Looks like a mash up of everything found on a 'design blog'. Take that content in moderation, it kills creativity.

JerryYu

It works for me as well, my suggestion here is that maybe you could make the main slideshow smaller, because we can see nothing but it if we don't scroll down;)

seememonkey

review

hi, looks good..but you need a colour to POP. all is grey and white now. bright orange..green..red are all good. Links need to pop too.

i wasn't sure what the site wa all about at first..the about us should be highlighted more.

hope this helps