Help, I have no idea!!

george75

Hi, I came here looking for some help from people who know what they are doing. I am very amateur at building websites to say the least. I need somebody to point me in the right direction towards a solution to my problem. Basically, I have (bought) a website which has a login bar, and password at the top. The idea is, once I receive a payment over paypal, an instant unique username and password gets sent to the buyers email address, which then allows the buyer to log into the site. Any ideas how I set this up? Any help would be massively appreciated, even if I was just pointed in the right direction. At the minute, i am clueless. Thank you !!

StephanieCordray

Ignore the bugger before me... all he's doing is putting a link to a web design site on posts... this is only one of four so far.. unless he's not done yet.

I believe Paypal has tutorials and scripts available for what you want to do but don't quote me on that. For my business I need a different kind of setup and use a billing software.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Those posts have been deleted by that spammer.
As to assigning a username and password for a user who has payed via paypal, I would be inclined to think that would have to be something that your software on your website would do and not paypal. Your site script would need to integrate with paypal and then assign that information. But I am not all that familiar with the full range of services offered by paypal, so I may be wrong there.

Arkette

If you are going to take money from your clients for a subscription service, then you Must ensure that the business logic of the site has been designed by a competant programmer with experience in that area of web design. Anything less than that and you could end up facing a queue of very irate customers, not to mention the possibilty of a court summons. If your business is a viable one then the investment will be justified.

StephanieCordray

ian said:
Those posts have been deleted by that spammer.

Sorry, ian. Sometimes I just get a little grumpy over stuff like that. I'll try to be more... ummm... well... I'll try, anyway.

I'm inclined to agree with Arkette on this one. The investment will be worth it in the long run, however, if you decide to hire out the work, make sure to have a contract in place that specifies exactly what you are paying for. There are just too many "web developers" out there to chance.