Help ASAP!!! Recruitment Site

Master@Work

I am creating a site for a recruitment company I need to create a job search, cv upload all those things these top recruitment companies have hope you know what I mean? The Company also needs to access it and add new jobs etc to it.

I have know idea what Im doing or what i need to do plz help

James

thrive

How did you get this job? Did they ask if you have done this before? A site like this, if done correctly and not hacked together by scripting, should take a couple of months (if done by someone who's been programming for years).

Sorry but you're not going to learn enough to do this just by asking for help on forums. Your best bet is to outsource to a compitent dev house.

Last edited:

Master@Work

thrive said:
How did you get this job? Did they ask if you have done this before? A site like this, if done correctly and not hacked together by scripting, should take a couple of months (if done by someone who's been programming for years).

Sorry but you're not going to learn enough to do this just by asking for help on forums. Your best bet is to outsource to a compitent dev house.

I got this Job from a guy I know that runs his own recruitment company, an its an extra but i want to add. Never asked if I could do this before but I assumed it wouldn't be that hard obviously I was wrong.

I aint looking to start from scratch as Im sure its been done hundreds of times.

What I'm looking for is some sort of package or code that just needs settings changed or what ever.

I have looked on Hotsripts.com but some of the codes i'm not sure what to do with.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
James

thrive

Well a package like this that is built properly and not just some weekend warrior's code will start at about 15k. If you find it for less be wary. Anything more than 30k and you're getting ripped off.

toxic_pmp

I Agree with thrive, im not 100% sure on your meaning though master@work, do you know any websites which are like this so i can have a look and understand what you mean as then i may be of more assistance to you.

Many Thanks,
Liam

Rapid Web Design

You realy should pass this on to some professinal scripter, this site needs heaps od scripting and more so heaps of testing. some who cant start the code cant test and debug. sorry its not your job!

Master@Work

Ok I cant do it I get that bit Im away to start a course soon to learn everything I need to know lol.

But I need something I can do I do have experience of designing sites and can create forms.

Is there anyway of creating a page for the owner to upload jobs onto with out to much work?

Also how do I create a form that has a file attachment field?

Thanks for your input even though it wasnt what I wanted to hear lol

Im using GoLive 6

James

thrive

This is kind of like saying you want to build a rocket to the moon and you want to start by getting a really big sling shot.

Look at this page and use what you can from it. The first thing you're going to have to learn is xhtml then you need to use the connecting to a database samples: http://www.asp101.com/samples/

ISDProductions

Master@Work said:
Also how do I create a form that has a file attachment field?

<input type="file" name="name" size="16" />

What you are trying to do is hard...that being said, it's not impossible for the beginner. I suggest you get a nice thick book on PHP and MySQL and read the entire thing. twice. After that get to coding. If this is the only job you have to worry about right now I think you can do it, you just have to get a firm grasp on exactly what you want, then figure out how to code it. If this is a side project, I would agree that you would be better off out-sourcing it. But you have an oppurtunity to learn how to program, and have someone pay you for it. sounds like a good deal to me

Last edited: