Have Domain and Hosting...next...

jibberishballr

I already have a domain and a hosting site, now I just need to build the site. I really don't want to build it from scratch and would just like to download a template or use an online builder. The problem is all the builders want to charge you to use your own domain. Are there any out there that don't?

I would like to have an html5 website if possible. Also if the online building isn't a free option, what's my best bet for getting a template working? Should I just download a template and work in Dreamweaver(the one web software I'm familiar with)? It seems hard to edit html5 especially when im not super familiar with it. I basically am looking for a quick customizable solution that I can edit off of a template.

Last edited:

Edge

Probably you're best bet is installing Wordpress and then grabbing a theme. There are some OK themes out there and ThemeForest, Woothemes have some paid themes which are pretty damn cheap. You can just use DW to do a bit of code editing. HTML 5 is not much of a leap from HTML 4 - just a few new elements. Your theme will come with them anyway. Make sure you get a responsive theme too.

Hey and look at me recommending Wordpress and my signature says Drupal developers! Must be neutral advice then..

sandislo

I recommend you to choose Wordpress and use one of the free themes. And there you have a large number of plug-ins.