Has anyone put a fireplace in their garden building?

ZaydanVeo

New Member
I am building myself a garden building in which to read, listen to music and relax. I want to use it through the year and would like to have a fireplace in it. I know it sounds a bit whacky but when I bought my house 3 years ago it had everything I wanted except a real fireplace (it’s one of those convenient but boring gas ones). I’ve had a real fireplace all my life before living in this house and I sorely miss it. I’d rather look at a fire than watch tv.
I’d be very interested to know if anyone has done this.
Thanks!
 

EdwardLors

New Member
I know this thread is a bit old, but I've been going back and forth on adding a small stove to my garden office and wanted to pick your brains again. The photos you all shared of flue setups were super helpful. Has anyone dealt with a sloped roof when fitting the chimney? And for those with insulated cabins, did you find the heat stays manageable on a mild day, or do you end up cracking a window?
 

mosararty

Member
I put a small multi-fuel stove in my insulated cabin and it gets roasting in minutes. For fuel I use kiln-dried logs from OneStopFuel because they burn clean with hardly any smoke, and they deliver fast in Dublin. Just make sure you check local smoke control rules and add proper heat shielding behind the stove.
 
Top