Goolge Page Rank Updates, Late September 2008.

PureDezigner

Google Page Rank Updates, Late September 2008.

Man to think I just launched my website, http://www.puredezigner.com back in the middle of July 2008. I remember reading about the PR updates that were taking place at the end of the July, that's when I was thinking to myself, man 3-6 months before the next update. But when I check my Alexa stat this evening I noticed something else. I just now finally had an update to my PR, From PR0 to PR3! It's a simple website based on CSS and XHTML validated web projects I have in my portfolio, non the less, I am very happy about this update to my first ever SEO efforts in web. I'd love to see examples and reports on how your current SEO efforts are going and possible results from from the latest Google PR update, please share your updates with us?

Thanks,
Curtis

Last edited:

suz

I went to a PR 4 also even though I just launched the blog in August. I haven't been doing any SEO though lol so who knows, I am certainly not complaining.

PureDezigner

I'd love to hear other experiences. Whats your updates looking like and how did it take you to get there? Thanks in advance!

fromthe5

Congrats on your PR3 PureDezigner. It looks like you put a lot of work into that. Now for the bad news.... You have 462 links pointed to your site. Out of those 127 of them are "nofollow", which means they bring you no benefit at all. Zip. Whats worse is that out of the 335 links that "are" counted, not one of them has a keyword phrase as the link text. If you had even half of them (along with the phrase in your <title>) you could well rank on or close to the first page of Google. I would imagine the phrase might be "Web Designer in Baltimore Maryland" or "Baltimore Web Design". I'd go for both of those for the first page of Google, plus a few other variations.

Now... About PR... PR by itself means almost nothing for SEO. I outrank many much higher PR sites for my national and local client's phrases constantly. I pay little attention to the small green bar. As per Matt Cuts, it's only an estimate anyway. Just PR without using "targeted link text" brings you little or no SEO value. One thing to remember... Vary your link text so the overall picture looks more natural to the search engines. I hate to be a bucket of cold water, but I would assume that if all or part your income depends on how high you rank for your important keyword phrases, that you'd much rather have good rankings.

Last edited: