Generating Activity on the Forum

Geodun1

I've really enjoyed my time on WDF so far, but I feel that with the number of registered users, it could be far more active.

With this in mind, perhaps we should consider some sort of regular contest? Maybe like a monthly web design contest/graphics contest/something along those lines.

I've seen several forums implement this and note that their traffic to post ratio nearly evens out since users have more of a reason to regularly come to the forum. Being a former admin/mod/contest manager on several forums, I'd be glad to help run this.

Any thoughts?

Geodun1

There's no real downside besides actually managing the contests. I'm sure that plenty of active members on this forum would be glad to volunteer time for it. I know I would.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
sounds like a good idea.
I was also looking at implementing a webmaster of the month award each month.
The site does not really make any money yet so it will probably be just something small like US$20 per month, plus a link to your website on the webmaster of the month page. A way to reward/acknowledge our good contributors to the forum here. I will look at starting that in January 2009.

Geodun1

Well, like I said, I'd be glad to help organize contests and manage them if you need the extra hand. I've got the free time for it.