Free Images Sites?

forceclosed

I am looking for sites that provide free images that you can put up on your website or use in your newsletter.
I have found some sites via google only two sites.

cepolina.com/
use-photos.com/

ishie

I usually get images from free-stockphotos.com. Btw, photos taken by US govt employees (as part of their official duty) are free of copyright and free to use.

Web1

Looks like Getty got onboard SXC...they are taking stock image world over, which is not good for pricing. Competition is reduced and monopolies are the result. Istockphoto used to be good value but not now.

froonylose

This post is really nice, I think that now I can easily get many free images, I hope that people were really like these and get free images.

WebbyKitteh

If I'm not mistaken, images on image shack and photobucket (not related to an account) can be utilized by anyone and for anything. If that's the case, chances are those images can be altered for your liking. However, if those images are directly linked to a name or account, BEWARE! Defamation of an images or non-proper use of a photograph can land you into some hot water.

evocrim

Feel I should point out that, even if free, you must still solicit permission from the creator to use their images or you're liable for copyright infringement.