Forum Help

missj040

I added a mod to my Forum (PHPBB) which allows users to upload music, and other users can listen, rate and leave comments for their music.

The only thing is, most of my users are unable to upload their music due to it saying "The file size is to large" when it isnt.

I contacted the website where i got the mod, and they sad that i had to add a file to allow my hosting to except more than 2MB, but it didnt work.

Does anyone have any idea on why it isnt working, or how i can get it to work?

Last edited:

StephanieCordray

I'd go through the installation and configuration files for the mod, plus see if there is a support forum for the forum and any mods that are frequently used. Someone is sure to have a fix for it somewhere, it just might take some time to find it. Without knowing anything about the mod or the extra file, that's all I can suggest.

JamesCC

This is a setting in the PHP.ini file ......... some times you can over ride these settings in a .htaccess file

try adding these settings to your htaccess file
post_max_size= 20M
upload_max_filesize= 20M

of course these are just examples if you do not know how to set up a htaccess file then that is a whole nother topic.

(hint) besure that you have "AllowOverride Options" set in the htaccess file.

hope this helps.

missj040

I think i tried that before ...

"post_max_size= 20M
upload_max_filesize= 20M"

But i dont think it looked exactly like how you write it. I will try it out and let you know if it works.

Cheers :)