Flash?

Atomic_Sheep

Hi guys... I've got a website design scetched out in my head but I've never done anything more complex web design wise than just your standard simple websites. Rather than telling you what I want I'll show you...

Here we have a simple Home Page link on the side of the page. Lets say that the background is as it is there... white with black writing. When you scroll over it, I want the same width stripe only of a different colour to slide from left to right (maybe all the way across the page I don't know yet). The information for that link, I want loaded in a window in the middle of the page. Not a pop up, just a window right next to the site navigation links and I want this to obviously change if I click on another link. So I don't want the whole webpage to reload after every click, just the relevant information. I also want the text to fade away and the new one appear in it's place, don't want a jerky noticable loading a new page. I want it all seemless.

Here's a site that has the transition that I'm talking about

http://www.ndesign-studio.com/demo/schoen/

Question is, does this sound like I'll need to use flash? Or can this be done oldschool?

Last edited:

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Flash wouldn't be a bad option, its just that all the content within the flash SWF will be hidden from site index bots (if seo is a concern). Another option is jquery. The jquery javascript library has many cool effects like fades, slides, etc. You can achieve some pretty cool effects with it. I would look into it.