first peak

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never really understood the filling your website with facebook embeds thing.
why dont you just snazzy up your facebook page and direct people to your site from there, rather than the other way around.
If I was to go to a digital media and design site I'd want to see a portfolio, not facebook feeds, id want to see services, costings, examples of works, etc etc etc.
leave facebook to facebook. thats what I think. and make your facebook page styled to match your website.

I didn't go as far in as Phreaddee as I was looking at work and that content is blocked (something you might want to keep in mind) and I looked at this more as a starting point, but he (or she???) brings up valid points. If you wanted to do something like that, throw it on another page, not the main one.

hivemind

It's a good place to start. I'd guess you're busy with clients rather than focusing on your own page, which is a good place to be.

A few screenshots of your work up there would be great for the time being. Toss a few more than you can fit and have them rotate out to make it seem fresh if you can't get back to it for a bit.

It might not be bad to work your social media feeds in there as well. I agree with Phreaddee in that you shouldn't fill your site up to much with Facebook embedded things, but if you have no other engaging content right now and no opportunity to finish your work it wouldn't be bad as a temporary solution.

Good luck!

hivemind

I don't like fix header and footer design :p

I'd have to agree. I'm not a big fan of fixed bars positioned at the top and bottom. Try one or the other and see what you think.

I'm sort of inclined to agree on the logo. It reminds me of WordArt in Word. Try flashing it out a bit more and clean up the gradient.

Like it, but...

I think your site looks good. I like the color scheme, rounded boxes, shadow effect. A few suggestions however:
  • Fixed header may be ok, but you probably don't need the fixed footer also.
  • The list of services should be a "ul", not an "ol". And it is a long list, maybe consider shortening it by combining items. You have SEM as the acronym for "Social Media Marketing".
  • Think about your description of organic SEO. Sponsored ads can appear just about anywhere on a page these days. And where did you come up with that logo?
  • I know you're still developing, but you need to merge the inline styles into an external style sheet.

Also the site does not look anywhere near what you want in IE 8, probably IE 7 also. Opera and Chrome also show it differently.

Last edited:

jneale

Hello. I am the main developer of www.dmadmc.com and I just wanted to say thank you for all your critiques no matter how discouraging they can be lol.

I have bee developing this site in Chrome, Safari, Firefox and IE9. I can not see what the site looks like in IE6, IE7 or IE8. Is there a way to check compatibly for these older browsers?

jneale

Damn that is far from what I want. Is there a way to emulate IE7 or IE8 in one of the browsers I have now? Or maybe a plugin?

DHDdirect

indeed indeed

What's the purpose of the entry page? Is it to give time to load the main content?

I'm not on the fastest connection but it took 2m 35s to load from fresh at a killer 3.7mb

I'd rather see the overly fancy gallery as a side feature verses the entire site. It actually adds confusion. It took me 5 minutes just to figure what was happening.

On the lighter side, the logo font looks alright.

Last edited: