Feedback / Suggestions ?

SitnikovI

Hello, everyone...

My name is Ilya and I'm just starting out in web design (right now I'm getting a certificate in web development/design).

So I would like to ask for suggestions based on what I have so far:

http://eniacstory.com/ (First version - all tables, all Photoshop)

http://eniacstory.com/v15/ (Second version - div-based layout, very minimal as far as graphics goes)

I would like to redesign this completely and I have some ideas on that, but I would also love to hear your suggestions.

And please don't laugh, a'ight?

:)

Last edited:

walkingbird

Hey hows it going as a student i would focus on the colors the fonts. try and give the site some more structure. No offense but the web site looks like it is from the 90s check out some new design at css remix. It is a good start. What school are you taking your certificate in i just finished min at siast

SitnikovI

@Walkingbird

Agree - I definitely need to work on anything....

Right now I'm going through a web design/development certification program at New England Institute of Art (Brookline, MA) and I definitely learned a lot here, but I still feel that I need to read a book or two on CSS techniques.

Anyway - thank you for your advice, CSS Remix sounds like a good place to start as far as design/inspiration goes.

Richardvd

I have a white stripe at the right side of my screen, make a background image with the binary numbers. I don't like outstanding copyright text, make it smaller.

SitnikovI

@Richardvd

Well, the second version have a smaller copyright text, so its fixed (and binary background is removed there too).

First one was done in Photoshop, with no divs involved, which is probably one of the worst ways to do this, but back then I had no idea on how to do this in any other way.

Last edited:

dreamcon

2nd version is far better way of doing it... keep learning and keep your self uptodate this industry is ever changing