Effect of Website design On SEO?

krymson

If it's the same content, same keywords, and you're just changing a theme or something then no... If you're changing everything then yes

jhonatkins

With Meta title, Desc, Keyword & content keep all Page URL remain same. It is very important. Then it will not effect on ranking.

webdev guy

Bounce rate might reduce if your site is visually attractive... people might be more likely to share your site with others too. But would it directly impact SEO? usually not unless it makes the page slower / faster.

Pro

Hello

Please anybody suggest me that if i change my website design is if effect the SEO of site?

Thanks

Its possible that it may change. It depends on how your website is designed, does it follow the standards given by http://www.w3.org/? Is the web source easier to read compared to the old one? Change is normally good, search engines love fresh content.

alandapainter

if you currently have good ranks be sure to forward any 404's you create by changing page names to the new ones, or you'll mess up any SEO work you've already done

Gavin

Changing the design actually help to make the visitors stay longer at the site and maybe browse to other page. In terms of seo, that would reduce bounce rate.

eloquentlunacy

If you're going to be changing URL's at any point, then you need to be diving into 301 redirects, possibly using the .htaccess

If you've got a lot of pages, this isn't an option - I've just just done 50 on my site, and that was more than enough for this web hermit.

amalayer

The structure of your website coding or programming has everything to do with your SEO. Search engines have certain things they look for in the html of websites.

irin123

I think, if you change content and names of content like alt tag etc, it effect on SEO. But if you change only design then it attract user as result user will increase or decrease according to design whether they like or not. But one thing, it should be SEO friendly.