Ecommerce Surf Shop - tramoresurfshop.com

StephanieCordray

The green with the red text in the header hurts my eyes. Not sure the header fits well with the rest of the page... it might fit better if you had some really fun looking images of surfing... don't know that much about it honestly, but it looks very cartoonish in comparison. Your competitors site looks easier on the eyes, although I really do get tired of blue.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
personally, i think you're competitors site looks very boring, especially for a site related to surfing.

i like your site. it's very colorful with many images, which i find suites the subject matter much better. after all, surfing is about fun. :)

StephanieCordray

either way the green on the red text hurts my eyes.

i wasn't saying it couldn't be fun... the header by itself isn't bad... kinda like it except for the eye pain but the rest of the page doesn't fit with the header and vice versa. While the competing site is definitely boring, the pieces do fit together.

On a second look, I noticed that both sites have used a same graphic.. the black and white surfer graphic... one used it in the header, the other used it elsewhere on the page.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i wasn't saying it couldn't be fun... the header by itself isn't bad... kinda like it except for the eye pain but the rest of the page doesn't fit with the header and vice versa. While the competing site is definitely boring, the pieces do fit together.
lol... i love how defensive you get whenever i post something that doesn't go with what you suggest. lol. i swear, i am not attacking you. :D

moonfish

Hiya, I like the design, the banner is dirty, funky and fun! (although I do agree with Stephanie about the green in the text on the banner) Have you tried color schemer, you can use it free online?

Free online color schemer

Your competitors site looks easier on the eyes, although I really do get tired of blue.
Good to see you again Stephanie...eek don't look at my website then lol:)

I downloaded your banner, had a quick play in photoshop and changed the red in the text to yellow (I know it's rough ;) ) but the change in color worked better for me, but now the links in the banner don't sit well :rolleyes:

Here's a link to the image http://www.moonfish-design.co.uk/graphics/front.jpg

I think your website is more in line with your target audience, (which I assume is twentysomethings) than your competitors site. I think I'd buy from you...any chance of a discount? lol :D

All the best Rob

StephanieCordray

Good to see you again, too.

Business sites like blue. I like the color myself but, you know, sometimes when you see so many blue sites, you often begin to wonder if there is any other color in the world.

I like what you did with his banner. Given the fun nature of the site I think it fits ... if he pushes the text up a few pixels and the links down a few pixels, they would still work.

I'd buy from his shop rather than his competitors (cept i'm too old to take up a new hobby and where would i surf living in the hills?), but for some reason it just doesn't sit well with me that he has that fun banner up top then the rest of the page is on the straight and narrow... like the links on the left... ultra-standard link text... I was thinking I'd like to see the fun the banner promises throughout the rest of the site... at least until you get to the shopping cart.