Date Selection?

kurras

Ok, I am the web admin at an educational institution, and all of the homework assignments of the students are posted on a page on the site.
I want to put a form at the top of the page where, a student can enter a date and hit submit, and only the assignments due on that date will display.

The format of the form will be all dropdowns such as jan-dec, 1-31 and the years 2010 2011.

Example: |Jun \/ | 28 \/ | 2010 \/ |

All of the assignments are currently stored in a table one column being the date, the next being the teacher, and the next being the assignment.

So the script has to search through the entire page and only display the rows with the date that was entered. I have seen this done before on other sites.

Thanks in advance

craftygeek

This is relatively straight forward to do with php...I assume that the database is MySQL?

You need to do a MySQL query to get the relevant results from the table & then echo out the results....its a straight forward PHP/MySQL script - I can't really help anymore without more details.

If you do a search for how to do a MySQL query in php & process the result you should be able to adapt it to your needs easily enough.

The form (drop down menus) is simple html - the php would process the data sent by the form....loads of tutorials on the net on this kind of thing.