Cuil.... real Google's competence?

3dmagicaldesign

Cuil is a new search engine created by former Google engineers. According to its creators, cuil is able to offer fastest results and less costs. Its results come from the context analysis of each page and the concepts that refers the search of each user.

Privacy is a strong Cuil's feature, it is based in the websites content instead the links history.

I would encourage everyone to try this search engine, I am sure it will become strong and popular search engine.

seoexpert

Is it even worth trying? At this point Google is becoming more popular everyday and definitely owns at least 70% of the market right now. They will always be #1, so it's not even worth focusing on smaller search engines.

Plus, if you said they are former Google engineers, I am sure Google is taking measures to make sure they don't succeed.

voodish

I quite like it, the layout is a bit different, although the images it displays next to listings are sometimes totally unrelated to the website... this is peculiar.

Seems as the Alexa rank is slipping somewhat... a MEGA initial spike though, you would have to have some serious iron to cope with that.