Critique Please

Jessica Mcewen

Please have a look at my site: www.periwinkleflowers.com

DON'T look at the code (I don't wan't you to know my terrible secret). JUST look at the site and let me know what you think of the design and layout.

Particularly, I would appreciate feedback about the rudimentary Order page.

Cheers,
Jess

gchang

Nice site Jess! Overall, it's not too bad. However, I do have a suggestion.

Currently, the website looks like a big image. It's pretty hard to tell which part of the page is actually a link. Though I know the mouse turns to that finger icon when you hover over a link, but that might not be obvious enough.

You might want to consider splitting the image up into portions and integrate in a mouseover image for the areas that you have links. That way, when someone hover overs a link, at least there is some slight change to the image around that area.

tanicos

the concept is good, content too..you should get a flash site if you only present flowers..good luck

redox

The site looks okay, i like the colours.

maybe have a bit more structre to the pages, eg have the links at the top (it got annoying having to scroll down to go home) also the main font in different pages is different sizes, eg purchase and aboutus, try and make it consistent.

fabio

Hello,
I think design and layout of the site is good,it's content is also good,I think ,you should get a flash site.

jnjc

Looks great. I like the idea and the design. I agree that maybe the links might need to stand out a bit more, but that said I had no problem navigating around the site.

Could someone please explain why a couple of the previous posts say "get a flash site" ? Why would you want to scrap a perfectly good website for a flash site ? One of the companies I work for has just finished removing the all the flash content from a site because it caused too many problems.....

dreamcon

Please have a look at my site: www.periwinkleflowers.com

DON'T look at the code (I don't wan't you to know my terrible secret). JUST look at the site and let me know what you think of the design and layout.

Particularly, I would appreciate feedback about the rudimentary Order page.

Cheers,
Jess

Nice colours are been choosed
Though need some rollover or colour effect to understand where to click.
Picture seems like a flash on order page which takes too much time,Just a suggestion let select the picture first and then divert them to the order page

Nadia

You need a constant menu in your site!

The type needs to be smaller.

I like the collage splash page but do not like the art filter you applied via Photoshop. Don't be afraid to use a drop shadow on those images too. They look way too flat... it's a shame too because this piece of art could be a lot of fun!

You should not be leading me into a frameless page where your arrangements are concerned. Take the trouble to make each an every link on your site an experience within your site.

I know you want to get customers into your store, but the link associated with your logo should lead me to the homepage; otherwise it's just very obnoxious.

The online order page is great! I like that I can scroll through your arrangements.

All in all, I would give your site a 6.5 for both pragmatism and aesthetics.

-Nadia

scarlett

Just an idea... Put a cart on each of your arrangements. It would benefit those who are placing a number of orders.