Constructive Criticism?

Shaw

Hey all

I am new to web design and am having major difficulties. I am hoping there are some people on here that could maybe possibly give me tips on why my site Is not making enough sales (appearance wise not price or substance wise).

Criticism about what looks good, bad, professional, un-professional, whether my site is user friendly or not, if the shopping cart looks good or bad, if my options are hard to understand, really just any tips would be appreciated.

unfortunately aesthetics and user friendly options are my weaknesses :(

my site: www.Rave-Nation.com

Please help and Thanks!

smoovo

I don't know about your traffic, but by fast look and impression i can tell you something. But please, everything is with no offense, only to help you.

I see non professional website. It looks like it's managed by a teen age. It's because you have this side menu and links all over with underline. People expect today to see buttons. Also your banner is too wavy.

If i was looking for this kind of stuff, no matter if you have the lowest price, i wasn't stay more than a click time! You need to impress me, to sell not only your product, also your service, your profession, you are selling YOU!

I hope it will help you understand a little about marketing. ;)

- Enjoy!

ImKevin

I was expecting there to be a footer. The buttons on the top nav just hurt my eyes, I understand where you are coming from though. And I have to agree with just about everything smoovo says.

Keep it up though, it will come with time and NEVER give up on your dreams.

Shaw

I don't know about your traffic, but by fast look and impression i can tell you something. But please, everything is with no offense, only to help you.

I see non professional website. It looks like it's managed by a teen age. It's because you have this side menu and links all over with underline. People expect today to see buttons. Also your banner is too wavy.

If i was looking for this kind of stuff, no matter if you have the lowest price, i wasn't stay more than a click time! You need to impress me, to sell not only your product, also your service, your profession, you are selling YOU!

I hope it will help you understand a little about marketing. ;)

- Enjoy!

Haha ya Ive never built a site before, never taken any marketing, business, graphic design or web design classes, and am a one man crew at this point. So I understand my sites appearance is not so swell, which is why i found this site!

Anyways
When you talk about links with underlines and that people want to see buttons, could you show me an example? Do you mean have a button linking to another page on my site instead of just text? Also the side menu should be buttons or gone altogether?
Also the banner looks too wavy? could you explain a little more on that? Also how is the overall layout, anything close to what it should look like?

smoovo

Basically the layout is not bad, the black background is the one that fits, and hey... It is 100% good website for the first time. But if you want to sell more, they don't mind out there... ;)

About the side menu, try to use ready one like this jQuery one. You also can Google for "jquery menu" for your top menu.

About the products links (on the page), try to use this tutorial and get the idea.

For the logo, Google for "logo maker", there is tons of free services.

- Enjoy! :)