Confession hall

ahojvole

please review my website... If anything is not clear please point it out, I mean if the topic or function is not clear what it does, please tell me...

Code:
www.confessionhall.com

thank you for help

mikeWagner098

I'm not sure how i feel about the idea of getting relationship advice from strangers on the internet, but I do understand that some people have no one else to talk to in life.

From a design perspective, your site is pretty boring and looks outdated. I think it would be a perfect candidate for a redesign. Shoot for looks of a site like twitter.com. Your site definitely has potential to look awesome and since the functionality appears to be in place, put some more effort into the looks of it. :)

Good job so far.

orangecopper

i think its similart to socialmoth !
but again i suggest you to use a script similar to yahoo answers or answerbag.com

it will give more punch to the usability and concept of the website.

cheers
Josh

zach

The idea behind the site is interesting and I'm sure if applied correctly could be rather popular.

I would change the design of the site completely by reflecting it more so like a social networking sites (ex. Twitter, Facebook).

ahojvole

I have seen such website in action and believe it, it works very well. That is why I chose it. I am having troubles though with traffic in general and mainly with people trusting the site.
There is nothing harmful, it if fully anonymous, no registration required, no data wanted and still, not much going on...

cablemotion

Hmm, a little stark/cold looking, perhaps different coloring would invite more discussion. Overall too much white. It feels a bit "floaty" which might contribute to a feeling of insecurity.

A couple of things I would do if I were managing the design:

- "Something suddenly went wrong?" might go better underneath "relationship issue?" since both questions are related to the purpose of the site. Splitting them apart with the picture dividing them is disorienting for me.
- Left link for "Make a confession" seemed to me initially a separate feature of the site. Like a way to submit an essay for a contest or something. I would move it to the right of that rosy water picture. Would make it seem like a part of the message board system. You might consider renaming it to be more clear: perhaps "Add new confession".
- I think the Sign in box and Search box might look better over to the left, where the current "Make confession" box is. To me these relevant features would help "ground" the design if on the left-hand side. "Hang in there" blurb would be fine at the top of the right column. Some grammar correction is needed there however.

Well, that's just what my brain thinks of when I visit the page. Best to you!

ahojvole

cablemotion: Thanks for ideas I will consider them... by the way take a look at the site I inspired myself from.
Code:
http://www.zpovednice.cz/

Can you see one single warm color there? This site has hundreds of confessions every day

kfawcett

The concept is fantastic. A way for people to let off steam, but like others have said the design is lacking a lot.

Just some quick observations:
  • You need an updated logo and header image. It looks drab and dreary. I would try to incorporate your favicon into your logo, maybe?
  • The left and right sidebars could be defined a little better.
  • The horizontal lines underneath your H3 headers doesn't seem right.

ahojvole

kfawcett: I will se what can I do about the header and favicon.
I agree the left and right side is too empty but I am kind of waiting for more content to fill those spaces, you know I will put there like most discussed confession, most popular, not responded yet and such.
I made the H3 underline slighter is it better now? It does not look good without any line either.