broken image? broken link?

anna

I have an image that I have inserted into dreamweaver which shows up as a small thumbnail of what looks like a broken image/broken link.

When I save it and preview in browser, however, the image shows up just fine.

I have four other images that I have inserted which show up in dreamweaver and online.

Does anyone know what is happening? I have tried googling, searching adobe's site and other threads but to no avail. I guess it's not a big deal, since the image IS viewable online, I would just like to know what I am doing wrong.

Thank you for any advice.

Last edited:

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
You are relying on Dreamweaver's "Design" view, lol. My suggestion is stick to the "Code" view and preview everything in a browser window. DW is a excellent application and I swear by it for building websites but I steer away from the design view because it is just not reliable. It cannot handle even moderate amounts of css, and cannot compensate for the rendering methods/styles of the various web browsers of today. All in all, ditch design view and your problem is solved :D

Brett

once again I agree with pusher, only problem is once you get into server side coding... it becomes a pain in the buttocks to set up your testing environment.

anna

Thanks for your replies everyone.

I actually figured it out, thank God.

No, I don't work in design view. I work mainly in code view, and sometimes split.

Again, thank you!!!

barack

there was a time where i was also stacked with design view but later i realized that it is not reliable,your site won't look same in all browsers.so its better to stick with code design.