Books/references web design beginners

Walter Warner

I would suggest getting HTML & CSS: Design and Build Web Sites by Jon Duckett. Its a well designed book written for individuals that do not like the dry approach programming books take.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Because websites are on the, um, internet, most good value things to read are found online. Books over a few years old are unfortunately outdated...

Dont know of that book you spoke of, but if it mentions table based layouts, id throw it out...

rosiebrown0

Because websites are on the, um, internet, most good value things to read are found online. Books over a few years old are unfortunately outdated...

Dont know of that book you spoke of, but if it mentions table based layouts, id throw it out...

yes i agree with you...instead of going through this book you can consult some web designer company or can find some tutorials on internet.

nieves_cerdan

Thanks for the answers!
I read all about css in W3School but I don't know where to find other good tutorials about CSS and HTML5. Do you know some tutorials?

Thanks!

anna

Google, baby, Google! :) Lynda.com is a nice resource, HTMLdog.com and YouTube are a good start...