Blog or Forum...or? Need ADVICE!!

arejayy

I know very little about website design/implementation. I’m a software/hardware guy. That said, I’m looking for some directional help in the web design field.
My question is this:
What is the best web structure or format I should say that would best accommodate the following:
-WebUser “A” posts information to a website, could be text based, audio, video, or all of those formats combined.
-WebUser “B” through “Z” can view what WebUser “A” has posted at any given time just by viewing the site.
***Similar to Facebook or Myspace I assume. I have yet to decide whether membership will or should be necessary. To any that respond to this post, if possible, please let me know your recommendations for either (a log-in and non log-in based site).

I’m trying to find out if a forum, a blog, or general site, etc, etc. would be most appropriate.
I apologize for the vague explanation, my idea is still in the works and has not been the least bit refined, so I’m not exactly sure where I’m going with it, just need some primary direction.
Thanks in advance for any help, I really appreciate it
And to anyone that has a good idea of what format would best suit my criteria, I will need some design help and would be happy to pay for those services.

Thanks again!

Gorgy

I think you can start a blog, but make sure it's a log-in based site,
otherwise you'll have a lot of spammers posting whatever they want

orangecopper

With my experience - Its pretty difficult to build the trust and userbase with a forum as there are already thousands - But with a blog you could easily build more traffic on to your blog with quality content and good update frequency.

Further once you blog is successfull you could convert your blog readers to your forum.

cheers
Josh

bcee

With my experience - Its pretty difficult to build the trust and userbase with a forum as there are already thousands - But with a blog you could easily build more traffic on to your blog with quality content and good update frequency.

Further once you blog is successfull you could convert your blog readers to your forum.

cheers
Josh

Great advice. The start up time for a blog is also quicker and there are many great CMS for this. Wordpress, though I am biased towards it.