aspiring web developer

adamrain

well i have the knowledge of how to build sits:
php,cms templates(wordpress drupal etc),also converting psd to css with 960 grid system.

the question is how do i find work in this area?

shod i go freelance?

shod i work for a company?

if i go freelance how do i work with costumers? how do i get costumers?
how do i handle the contract for projects?

if i work for a company how do i pass an interview?
i use a lot of frameworks instead of writing everything from zero.they didnt treat it as professional(and wanted stuff like regex).

if i make a portfolio shod i get a copywriter?

im clueless if anyone can help me i will be glad.

i can give you my skype via pm .

chrishirst

Staff member
Given your spelling of should YES you should (or a dictionary) .

Are you wanting to go into web development, or the theatre and film work??

Oh! And your proof-reading also suggests getting a copywriter.

i use a lot of frameworks instead of writing everything from zero. they didnt treat it as professional
Can't for the life of me think why that would be!!!!

</sarcasm>

shod i go freelance?

Advertise.

No and No. Well not until you have learnt a LOT MORE and do NOT have to use hand-holding "frameworks".

What would you do if the "frameworks" you know how to use were not available? A "one trick pony" is of no use if nobody wants to see that trick any more.

CaldwellYSR

well i have the knowledge of how to build sits:
php,cms templates(wordpress drupal etc),also converting psd to css with 960 grid system.

shod i go freelance?

if i work for a company how do i pass an interview?
i use a lot of frameworks instead of writing everything from zero.they didnt treat it as professional(and wanted stuff like regex).

im clueless if anyone can help me i will be glad.

i can give you my skype via pm .

You shod build lots of sits and learn to spell.

adamrain

so basically i can build websits with cms user system and more (made a small forum once from scratch with php and other systems) i can also make wordpress themes.
i learnd programming for a half a year with a private teacher, i started using php frameworks for crud mostly.960 is a great css framework and jqury is easier to use the javascript(i use it for ajax mostly).

i couldn't get a job because i didnt know regex good enough and i didnt learn design patterns yet.thats what the job interviewer said .

i did help a friend with designing her wordpress theme(moslty code).

i can build a small site for clients with info about their business, connect form etc.

but i dont think i can handle pricing and contract(i dont know law) i did heard that people who want a site with no technical background can be hard to handle for rookies in selling...but i dont do selling im more of a programmer.

i hoped ill meet here some people who are more into webdesign then me with more experience.to give me some direction.

you can troll me if that makes you feel better,but isnt that a bit childish?

but ill be glad for some real help.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
so basically i can build websits with cms user system and more (made a small forum once from scratch with php and other systems) i can also make wordpress themes.
i learnd programming for a half a year with a private teacher, i started using php frameworks for crud mostly.960 is a great css framework and jqury is easier to use the javascript(i use it for ajax mostly).

i couldn't get a job because i didnt know regex good enough and i didnt learn design patterns yet.thats what the job interviewer said .

i did help a friend with designing her wordpress theme(moslty code).

i can build a small site for clients with info about their business, connect form etc.

but i dont think i can handle pricing and contract(i dont know law) i did heard that people who want a site with no technical background can be hard to handle for rookies in selling...but i dont do selling im more of a programmer.

i hoped ill meet here some people who are more into webdesign then me with more experience.to give me some direction.

All joking aside, start by proofreading things that you write. It is important. The smarter you sound when you write/speak, the smarter you look. The smarter you look, the more apt people are to hire you.

Other than that, you seem to know where several of your deficiencies are. If someone won't hire you because you don't know something, either learn it, or move on to someone who doesn't need that.

But most of all, learn everything you already know in a deeper way, and get rid of the frameworks. Especially if you hope to ever sell those skills.

CaldwellYSR

Yeah it's childish but funny to me so I'm cool with that. In all honesty though you really should proofread what you write. Even if it's just a quick proofread to make sure you don't sound too bad.

I'll agree with everyone's comments here, get away from frameworks and learn more about what you already know well. You don't want to run the risk of becoming a jack of all trades and a master at nothing.

As for finding work... just keep trying. It's hard to find work in any field these days. Sell yourself as well as you can and keep on trying.

Hey man, to be fair, they're right. I'm a HORRIBLE speller/typer and it does come back to haunt you at times (and hell, I'm a MCSA/CCNA) Take some time and use spell check, I have to and you should also. It’s the first impression people get of you. Also start by building up your portfolio freelance and DON'T rely on (as it was so well put) one trick ponies. I can use those, I can also use Dreamweaver, Gimp, Fireworks, Sublime Text and the ever handy notepad (well Notepad ++, I'm not a glutton for punishment).

To freelance or to work in a company, it depends on what's more available to you. Keep on searching. When you get the opportunity, grab it right away.:)