Any Help Or Ideas Apprecitated

SouthEast

Hello All,

We've just revamped our website and would be really interested to see what this community thought. It's a vast improvement on what it was but there are still a few things that are niggling me.

If anyone can spare a few minutes to see if we've broken any design rules at www.sharpedigital.com it would be hugely appreaciated.

The main problem i'm not sure about is the homepage. It doesn't have the blue nav bar and the rest of the site does. I can't work out if this is making it look like 2 different websites and it's confusing the user?

Oliver

chrishirst

Staff member
I can't work out if this is making it look like 2 different websites and it's confusing the user?
I think users are now savvy enough to work such things out for themselves, the silly idea that all pages had to be identical was just a unproven notion way, way back in "the olden days" of the Internet. It NEVER was a real problem and has NEVER caused ANY website an 'issue' with 'confused users'.

And now, almost every 'blog' and every 'e-commerce' website on the Internet has a completely different 'home' page to what is on 'other' pages.

SouthEast

Thank you very much Chrishirst. I appreciate the advice.

That's good news as I was worried it felt like 2 different websites. But from what you're saying it's ok.

We've come a long way from the days when people could only use SiteBuildIt!

Thanks again.

Kit_Pantelope

• I like your hero image
  • The home page rocket images are hard to read - meaning I'm missing part of your pitch completely
  • The video is pretty good
  • The start to finish image looks sort of like a graph, not a timeline (until I noticed start in the very small part of the screen). Read as a graph, it's more like strenghts and weaknesses, which isn't good.
  • I like your footer, just maybe give it some breathing room.
Clarity is first step to getting a sale. Make sure you home page is clear more than cute and clever.

SouthEast

Hi Kit

Thanks very much for your advice. It's really useful. And you're 100% right abOut the rocket image being hard to read. This has always bothered me!