Another IE Problem

Ripper

Ive been asked to have a look at this site, now, if you have a look at some of the products, select one, add it to the cart and then ask it to checkout.
Now Ive done a bit of testing and found that on Google Chrome and Firefox, it will allow you to checkout and pay, but on Internet Explorer the checkout button does nothing. So does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem. The shop is written in JavaScript and PHP. And knowledge on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

www.ravenheatspares.com/

Thanks Ripper

bigcougar

I have been struggling with similar problems and to me it looks like either JavaScript in IE is disabled by default (and needs to be enabled), or this browser has an issue with JavaScript.:p

Ripper

Thanks Bigcougar,

After I made the post, thats what I thought, So I double checked by IE browser settings and Active Scripting was enabled by default. So I am still unsure to where the problem may be.

Very confusing problem.

bigcougar

I called Microsoft to ask them about the problem. After collecting a bunch of information from me, they said my product (system) was not covered under warranty any more so they could only assist for a fee of $54.

It did not help me any, explaining to them that I was not even thinking of using IE and was only asking about a problem my clients (who are using software under warranty) are faced with.

Terrible customer service! At this point they do not seem to care about their reputation. All they care is how much more they can collect!

Last edited:

Ripper

Just shows you how much they care about the users of there software eh.
Meh bunch of idiots.

Thanks for taking the time to let me know what when on bud. :)

Maybe we will find a solution on the internet. If I find something, ill send you a pm mate.

Cheers

Ripper

Hey bigcougar,

Ive managed to figure out my problem, hopefully it might shed some light on yours too.

This is the code for my javascript button before I edited it.

HTML:
$output[] = '<p align="center"
<form action="checkout.php" method="post" align="center">
<input type="hidden" value="'.$total.'" name="price" />
<input type="hidden" value="'.$cart_id.'" name="cart_id" />
<div align="center"><br />

<input type="submit" value="Checkout!" />
</div>
</form>';
	} else {
		$output[] = '<p>You shopping cart is empty.</p>';
	}
	return join('',$output);
}

?>

This is the code after I edited it.

HTML:
$output[] = '<p align="center">
<form action="checkout.php" method="post" align="center">
<input type="hidden" value="'.$total.'" name="price" />
<input type="hidden" value="'.$cart_id.'" name="cart_id" />
<div align="center"><br />

<input type="submit" value="Checkout!" />
</div>
</form>';
	} else {
		$output[] = '<p>You shopping cart is empty.</p>';
	}
	return join('',$output);
}

?>

Notice the top line of code, I forgot to close the tag by missing out the >
This fixed the problem. Take a long hard look at your code to see if you missed anything.

PS actually I was wrong to think this was a Javascript error, because its PHP. So you might not have the same problem.

Ripper

Last edited:

bigcougar

Thanks Ripper!

My problem was slightly different. I could not pass arguments in JavaScript to a PHP file. There were a few other people with the same weird problem and they all resolved it differently but none of their ways worked for me, until I came up with something myself: I no longer call a JavaScript function. This works!:)