Adobe Photoshop Sliced site design need help

Dearden

I created a whole new site for a customer problem is i don't have dreamweaver i just need someone to help prepare the body section and the news & updates section in dreamweaver for html please your help would be greatly appreciated!

I beg you for your consideration

d a v e

what are you doing taking on a customer if you can't do the job? be honest with them and find someone to pay to code your layout or then simply sign over the design to your client.

how did you think this was going to work?

there are many free text editors that you can code with - you don't need dreamweaver. if you misled your client or simply not thought this through (!) then own up and discuss with them the best way forward. we're not going to do your work for free.

the idea is to learn your trade before selling your services. if you're a visual design person who can't really code or work with dw then you should have said this from the beginning or arranged to subcontract the work out.

this just brings shame to our profession :(

chrishirst

Staff member
thats not true if your designing in photoshop you have to edit the links and need help seriously

No you don't, "slicing" was for table layouts. A HTML & CSS based layout can:

Use a single image as "sprites".
Have complete images as backgrounds.
Overlay links onto images WITHOUT image mapping.

I haven't "sliced" an image in over TEN years, and during that same period I've spent more time putting "sliced" images back together for CSS layouts than I care to think about

example:
bookemdanno.com

The banner image was in thirteen seperate pieces

The footer was in nine seperate pieces

The thumbnail frames had eight pieces each.

I spent about three days rebuilding them because the client had lost touch with the original designer so did not have the complete images to work with.

Dearden

No you don't, "slicing" was for table layouts. A HTML & CSS based layout can:

Use a single image as "sprites".
Have complete images as backgrounds.
Overlay links onto images WITHOUT image mapping.

I haven't "sliced" an image in over TEN years, and during that same period I've spent more time putting "sliced" images back together for CSS layouts than I care to think about

example:
bookemdanno.com

The banner image was in thirteen seperate pieces

The footer was in nine seperate pieces

The thumbnail frames had eight pieces each.

I spent about three days rebuilding them because the client had lost touch with the original designer so did not have the complete images to work with.

can you please just walk me through how to get it from photoshop to the browser with being able to add a body to the website for html code to be added to the body of the page!

chrishirst

Staff member
You build a HTML & CSS structure that replicates the layout positions and you export the photoshop layers into individual image sections for the elements that need graphical components.

notarypublic

Based on what you're saying it sounds like you're a designer, not a developer. I would look into an adobe cloud membership - you can have dreamweaver for something to the tune of $6/month.

Otherwise, consider looking for a freelancer who can build the HTML for you. Here we might help you learn how to write the HTML yourself, but no one here will do it for you for free.